4.17.2008

Weezer Strikes Back

So many of you have heard the leaked single Pork and Beans (actual release date on April 24th) floating around the "net". So have I. In my opinion, it's pretty friggin' good. You see, like many of you, I'm a big Weezer fan, and, like many of you, I was deeply "pained" by Make Believe. I mean, what was that? The thing about this song, Pork and Beans, that makes me smile is that it seems Cuomo and company have gone back to their original recipe of fuzzed out guitar pop with honest and sometimes hilarious lyrics. And it's catchy...the main ingredient to all great Weezer songs. Now we just have to wait until June 17th(maybe) to hear the full self titled(maybe) red(maybe) album that was produced Rick Rubin(partly), Weezer, and Jackknife Lee(R.E.M., The Hives, Editors, Bloc Party). That's right around the corner folks, so get your ears (and your thumbs) ready.

mp3: Weezer - Pork And Beans --> website --> buy
mp3: Weezer - Why Bother
mp3: Weezer - In The Garage